Monday, July 11, 2016

Happy Birthday to Me!


It's my birthday and I am having a wonderful day, eating, shopping and writing. Tonight I am being treated to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Winston's with my husband and daughter. What more could I want, right? Not much. I am very blessed. 

I'm one of a set of very lucky people in this world that realize what we have is special. Just sitting out on my screened porch in the morning with my cup of coffee is special to me. Watching the different kinds of birds chow down on the bird food in our feeder and the hummingbirds slurp up their liquid diet makes my heart sing. Watching my daughter and husband take a walk down the beach together is special to me. Dinner out with a good friend or hanging with my book club is special to me. Finishing a good book with tears streaming down my face or laughing so hard I can hardly catch my breath is special to me. Spending a day with my extended family and listening to their stories is special to me. 

There are not many times that I think I wish I were someone else - only when I watch an author I like publish a new book, do I get that zing of envy. I don't need more cars, houses, or things. I actually need to get rid of a few things. My life is wonderful! Why it took me 50 years to get back to doing one of the things I love, I can not figure out for the life of me!? Don't put off for another minute your chance to go out there, grab your life by the throat and make it your own. I wish I had been writing down my stories when I had a younger brain and it was easier, but I didn't. I let life get in the way, I made up more excuses than are invented and sat back for someday. Someday is today!

So whether it's writing like me, exercising (I'm trying), taking a break for your work to enjoy your family, there is no excuse not to enjoy and live you life. You only get one and 
you had better make it a good one! I hope our country finds a way for us all to come together as we did in 1776 to make it a better place. Everyone deserves the best life possible. Now get out of here, why are you still reading? Please comment and tell me what you started doing to enjoy your life and if it made your life better.       

No comments:

Post a Comment