Thursday, February 27, 2014

Patty Pick for 2/27/14 is "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult

My Sister's Keeper
"My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult made such an impression on me that 
it will always be one of my favorite books. Our book club talked about this book for hours. I love her books and style of writing so much that I am trying to use a variation of it for my book. There are so many good ones that you could read and discuss them all for days. 
This book tells the tale of a family in crisis, like most of her novels. Kate has a genetic disease and needs a bone marrow match. Since none are found, the parents genetically engineer a child to donate her stem cord to her older sister. But unfortunately that did not cure Kate and Anna has been giving Kate parts of herself for many years. Anna decides she wants to put a stop to it even though she loves her sister very much. 
This novel asks some tough questions and there are no villains. Do we really 
know what we would do to save our child or ourselves? Especially when your decision could kill your sister. This is a tough but warm story that will sear these people and the situation into your head. There is a twist, as there usually is in a Jodi Picoult novel, but you will never see it coming! She is an author to read slowly and enjoy, but her books will not let you put them down until you finish them.


No comments:

Post a Comment