Friday, January 13, 2017

Patty Pick for 1/12/17 is Happy New Year of Reading!

Winter is definitely here and that gives me a lot of time 
to write and read!! Finished "The Opposite of Everyone" by 
Joshilyn Jackson. She remains one of my favorite authors. 
This book tells another tale of a strong, but vulnerable woman with her heart in the right place. Joshilyn has written some of my favorite books like, "Between, Georgia" and "A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty" and "Gods in Alabama". 
I also loved her 2013 novel, "Someone Else's Love Story". 
It starts hard and fast with a robbery at the mini-mart and goes from there. You just 
can't go wrong if you like to read. A novel by her, with her quick Southern wit and terrific sense of family will be the ticket, they are not family in always the most typical form either. 

I also have a very special book awaiting my reading time, "Small Great Things" by Jodi Picoult. The first time I read one of her books, "My Sister's Keeper", I was blown away. 
Not your Southern genre per se, but she portrays amazing characters, situations, and endings. She always has a twist that you will not see coming and sometimes it will not come until the last few pages. Talk about page turner! My daughter gave me her latest book for Christmas and it is burning a hole in my reading schedule! I can't wait to get to it. She usually picks current topics and this one is about race relations, something we have all heard so much about lately. Too much - I thought we had come further in our country, but sorry to say that we have not. 

At least this weather gives me lots of time to work on my latest book, "One in a Million" 
about Lisa Shank's amazing recovery from a rare and deadly disease. You will not believe her story!  Hope you all are staying warm and dry and reading! When is Spring coming? 

No comments:

Post a Comment