Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Patty Pick's Best Books of 2014

There were some fabulous books that were published this year but there were also 
some great books all ready on my shelf that I have been waiting to read. If you could 
see my to-read pile you would be scared, very scared. How in the world I had time to 
finish my own book, I will never know. There were many I wanted to include.They were 
very close, but I wanted to make sure if you only have so much time to read, you can 
read some of the best. Life has calmed down a little now for us, so here are my favorite books from 2014 in no order!

1. The Good Girl by Mary Kubica
2. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
4. The Pact by Jodi Picoult
5. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
6. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
7. a land more kind than home by Wiley Cash
8. Keep Quiet by Lisa Scottoline
9. The Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
10. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
11. Whistling Past the Graveyard by Susan Crandall
12. The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

There you go, a book for every month! That does not seem like too many. 
All of these books will thrill you, challenge you, scare you, make you cry, 
and be ones you will be talking about for some time. 

Please check back with my older posts for a short take on each book. I do 
not give away any secrets from them. There is nothing worse than a long 
and thorough report on a book that ruins it for you. I would love to hear 
from you all throughout the year about the ones you read and like. 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment