Thursday, May 8, 2014

Patty Pick for 5/8/14 is "The Next Thing on my List" by Jill Smolinski



Sometimes there is a book that before you read it, you assume it will be a nice piece of fluff. We all like to read and just enjoy a book without thinking too much. But after readin Jill Smolinski's book, "The Next Thing on my List",
I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it would be a quick summer read for my book club, which it was, but it also made me and my other club members think!

It reminded us that life is always too short and we had better start doing some of those things on our "bucket list" while we can. It actually gave me the courage and impetus to finally start my first book. It had been rattling around in my head for years and now is it going strong. 

June Parker decided to accomplish all the items on the bucket list of a passenger in her car, who died in a tragic accident. These were things that Marissa wanted to do before her 25th birthday. June sets out to do these in her honor. "The Next Thing on My List" will quietly push itself into your heart and you will like June Parker.

My whole book club decided to bring our own bucket lists to share with each other. It was a real eye-opener and amazing to hear what we all wanted to accomplish. Look for my novel to be a Patty Pick one of these days. In the meantime, this funny book will touch your heart and get hopefully get you 
moving on the your own Bucket List. 

No comments:

Post a Comment