Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Patty's Pick #3 (8/22/13) The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe



You will enjoy meeting this lovely lady and end the book with a long list of books to add to your GoodReads account. It is not written in a preachy or maudlin way but in a enjoyable conversational tone. I look forward to more enjoyable books by this author.. 

Sometimes there are books that touch us in a way we know we will always remember! "The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe is such a book! 
This book tells the amazing story of a mother and son's journey thru a very difficult time. As Will's mother, Mary Anne, fights a valiant battle with cancer, the two share time together discussing various books. I started turning down the pages that held some tidbit I wanted to remember - a book or something said. This basically turned into all most every page having my marks. I cherish my books but this one had too much I wanted to remember. 
Mary Anne was a very special person as her son lovingly tells. Knowing from first hand experience that God chooses the best to leave us too soon, Mary Anne definitely qualifies. Her accomplishments are enough to humble Ghandi. But obviously from the superb writing of this novel, she was a very wonderful mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment